Larry James Presents. . .
Helping Others Help Themselves!
Hear Larry James Speak!
While there are seemingly endless ways to promote your eZINE and attract new subscribers, here's a list of my favorite 15. Which ones are YOU using?
Print this out and check those you already do, and note those you should "get a move on."
1. Tell your clients, associates, and friends. Send out one of your best issues (or your first issue) as a sample issue, inviting them to sign up if they like it. (Never sign anyone up without his/her permission.)
2. Put a signup form on your home page and every page of your Web site. No matter what page people may land on, this way they'll know about your amazing eZINE. Don't let them click away and lose them forever!
3. Use a pop-up or pop-under box on your site. Yes, they can be irritating, but I can tell you they work. Studies show pop-ups/unders can increase your eZINE signups by up to 10 times! Give it a try and see.
4. Offer a free goodie for new subscribers. We all get so much e-mail these days, that you have to work hard to get anyone's e-mail address. Offer new subscribers a valuable free article, report, resource list, e-book, etc.
5. Offer a free sample issue on your Web site or have one available by e-mail autoresponder. Some people won't sign up for anything until they can see it first.
6. List your e-zine in free eZINE directories. There are hundreds of these on the Web where people visit to search for eZINEs on particular topics. Make sure you're here so you can be found!
7. Swap ads with other eZINEs. Search online eZINE directories for other eZINEs whose target readership matches yours, and contact their publishers. Swap at least three ads in a row for best results.
8. Buy ads in other eZINEs. Again, search those directories for other eZINEs whose target readership matches yours, and see their ad specifications and rates. Purchase at least three ads in a row for best results.
9. Plug your eZINE in your e-mail signature. After your usual contact information at the bottom of all your e-mails, be sure to include a two- or three-line plug for your eZINE.
10. Get published in OTHER eZINEs. There are dozens of Web sites where other publishers visit to pick up free content for their eZINEs. Why not post YOUR articles there for them to use? You get free exposure and plenty of traffic back to your site.
11. Do a co-op with other eZINE subscribers. You can cross-promote with other eZINE publishers on your own, or use an automated service such as Subscription Rocket.
12. Try a pay-for-subscriber service. These services advertise your eZINE for you and bring you subscribers automatically for about 10 to 30 cents apiece. One with a good reputation is Lead Factory.
13. Announce your eZINE to all of the professional organizations and associations you're a member of. They usually allow you to make announcements in their newsletters or on their online bulletin boards.
14. Advertise your eZINE on the back of your business cards. In the text, be sure to tell people how they can sign up for your eZINE.
15. Become active in a few online forums where your ideal readers hang out. In your posts, position yourself as a resource in your area of expertise, and include a signature file that promotes your eZINE!
Copyright © - Alexandria K. Brown. - Reprinted with permission. Alexandria K. Brown, "The E-zine Queen," is author of the award-winning manual, "Boost Business With Your Own E-zine." To learn more about her book and sign up for more FREE tips like these, visit her site at www.ezinequeen.com.
If you would like to talk one-on-one with Larry James about issues related to this article, you are invited to arrange for a private coaching session by telephone. Go to Author & Speaker Coaching for specific details and fees.
Back to Top
Health & Wellness | Kick Butt Author/Speaker Products
Add Larry James as a friend on Facebook
Larry James AuthorsandSpeakersNetwork.com P.O. Box 12695 Scottsdale, AZ 85267-2695
Web Design - Larry James - www.CelebrateLove.com