Larry James Presents. . .
Helping Others Help Themselves!
Hear Larry James Speak!
Website Translation Tip!
If you would like your Website visitors to be able to read the text of your Website in other languages, here's how! Follow the instructions offered below to engage the foreign language translation tools within www.Google.com to to find the URL that translates your Website to one or more of the following languages.
By using this tool, it will automatically translate most of the page content (with a few exceptions: banners, some java script & applets, etc.). You can also use this tool to view any URL you'd like to see with various translation options available to you.
1. Point your browser to: www.Google.com/language_tools. (Works best with Internet Explorer V 6.0, however it will work with other browers, but be sure to test it first.)
2. Look for the "Translate" section of the page (middle of the page).
3. Look for the "Translate a web page (sub-heading).
4. Fill-in the text box with the URL of your home page or whatever URL you wish to see translated.
5. Pre-select your translation option from the drop-down menu. (Example from: English to Spanish). You will need to repeat this process for each language.
Suggestion: Only post the translation link on your home page. Once the page has been translated, any link that is clicked on will also be translated.
6. Click on the "Translate" command button.
7. Your newly translated page will display in a new window. Copy the URL in the address bar of your browser. This is the URL you will need to copy and paste on your home page that will take your visitors to a newly translated page.
8. Here is an example of the translation box I use on CelebrateLove.com's home page:
Below is the html code that you might consider giving to your Webmaster.
CAUTION: This is the code I use for the index.htm page on CelebrateLove.com which translates that home page to, Spanish, French, Italian, German and Portuguese. It features translation links for my site only and should only be used as a template. (See another example on the home page of this site in the left links column.). You may only want to translate to only one or two languages. You may also want to change the border color and remove the "new" image and the "hearts" images. If you decide to use the images, be sure you upload the images to your server. (Do not link to them). Have your Webmaster change the code.
Back to Top
Health & Wellness | Kick Butt Author/Speaker Products
Add Larry James as a friend on Facebook
Larry James AuthorsandSpeakersNetwork.com P.O. Box 12695 Scottsdale, AZ 85267-2695
Web Design - Larry James - www.CelebrateLove.com