Larry James Presents. . .
Helping Others Help Themselves!
Hear Larry James Speak!
A good, inexpensive way to promote your books is a flyer. What makes one flyer so much better than another? Use these tips to make yours stand out from the crowd.
1. Include your front cover. People want to see what your book looks like. Color is great, but not necessary. Make sure your colored book cover copies well in black and white. It's far cheaper to print in black and white.
2. Hook your prospective buyers in the top line. For instance, read about SEX as it really is! Give your audience a reason to buy -- Show those benefits!
3. Include some juicy excerpts. Buyers want to see a sample of your writing.
4. Include your picture with a brief biography near it. People want to see what the author looks like. Place it on the right side if possible.
5. Add praise from others. This is the most important way to market. The praise doesn't have to be from famous people. One author added a testimonial from a convict!
6. Put ordering information on a coupon at the flyer's bottom. Include ISBN number, Web site URL, and discount information.
7. Make it easy to buy. Say you accept credit cards, checks or money orders. Include your 800 number.
8. Give your buyers all the ways to stay in touch with you-street address, e-mail, Web Site, local phone and fax number, and 800 number.
9. Carry at least 25 flyers with you in a folder. Give one to every person you meet. Remember the "law of seven." After seven exposures, you have a buyer!
10. Use the backside of the flyer. Multiply buying results with more testimonials on the back. Include a longer excerpt from your book there.
Your flyer is an extension of you and your book, and one of the least expensive ways to market with print. Print hundreds, even thousands so your book buying public can easily purchase your book.
TIP from Larry James: When my books are printed, I have an additional 1000 four-color covers printed. I design a flyer to be printed on the reverse side of the book cover and include them in all appropriate mailings that are sent from my office.
Copyright © - Judy Cullins. - Reprinted with permission. Judy is an author, publisher, and book coach. She helps writers manifest their book dreams. 24 clients published since 1999! "Write Your eBook or Other Short Book-Fast!" - www.bookcoaching.com. Send an e-mail to Subscribe@bookcoaching.com. The Book Coach Says... For 2 free eReports Judy@bookcoaching.com.
If you would like to talk one-on-one with Larry James about issues related to this article, you are invited to arrange for a private coaching session by telephone. Go to Author & Speaker Coaching for specific details and fees.
Back to Top
Health & Wellness | Kick Butt Author/Speaker Products
Add Larry James as a friend on Facebook
Larry James AuthorsandSpeakersNetwork.com P.O. Box 12695 Scottsdale, AZ 85267-2695
Web Design - Larry James - www.CelebrateLove.com