Larry James Presents. . .
Helping Others Help Themselves!
Hear Larry James Speak!
This special event was created out of the discovery that most people do not feel comfortable actively promoting themselves - nearly 80% of our world's population doesn't GET IT.
Why is that?. . .
Most people do not feel comfortable with the concept because they feel that they will appear boastful or pushy. Most people were raised with the belief that it is not polite to talk about yourself, therefore holding themselves back from numerous missed opportunities. In fact, what they fear the most is not lost opportunities, but the fear of REJECTION!
Now let's think about this. . .
Not promoting yourself goes against the grain of all marketing and sales concepts! Doesn't it? If you don't promote, how will others know what you have to offer? And how can you ever be truly successful?
Let me ask you this. . .
Are you passionate about what you do? Are you the expert in your field? Do you help others to receive satisfaction with your products and/or services? Do you receive wonderful testimonials from your customers and shameless fans? Sure you do!
Therefore, you must tell as many people as you can about how and why you can help them. Wouldn't you like to help more people and create more satisfied customers from your products and services? If you help them, they will help you in return by supporting your success.
Are you getting it yet?. . .
If so, you must tell everyone about it, and from the rooftops shout it!
Getting it RIGHT. . .
Tell people what you do in a HELPFUL manner - not a self-serving manner. Don't promote just to make the sale. If you truly care about helping your customers and want to help more prospective customers, you must learn how to be a successful self-promoter - NOT a pushy sales person. Everyone enjoys BUYING things, but no one enjoys being SOLD.
Shamefully Successful Self-Promotion
Debbie Allen, Guest Author
1. Develop a strong belief system. Work on your personal growth as much, if not more than, your professional growth. This will help you to create better customer service, increase your self-esteem and personal success.
2. Seek out and act upon opportunities everyday. Sometimes the most important strategies appear to be so simple we tend to ignore them. Keep your eyes open and your laser beam focus tuned in.
3. Build strongly connected strategic alliances. Co-market and connect with other businesses that have the same core customer base. Promote others like crazy - even promote your competition.
4. Ask for referrals and testimonials. Refer others too - become a referral source. Use testimonials from your shameless fans in all your marketing materials.
5. Take your expertise to a higher level. Discover the EXPERT within yourself by becoming a life-long learner. Absorb as much information as you possibly can about your chosen career. Develop an award-winning portfolio that is built around your expertise. Promote your expertise to the media in print, radio and TV.
Since discovering the science of self-promotion, I have helped people from around the globe learn the art of successful self-promotion. By sharing these concepts, it has opened the eyes and ears of thousands that now accept a new belief system. A belief system that has turned around many businesses and helped to build many careers.
This was and still is, the most incredibly rewarding experience of writing my book Confessions of Shameless Self Promoters.
Copyright © - Debbie Allen. - Reprinted with permission. Debbie Allen, Who's Who of Marketing Experts is an international professional speaker and author of three books on business marketing. Her highly acclaimed book, Confessions of Shameless Self Promoters was the featured business book in Entrepreneur Magazine in April 2002 and now published in three languages. She is the author of, "Confessions of Shameless Self Promoters." Visit her Website: www.WebMarketingMagic.com.
"Confessions of Shameless Internet Promoters" by Debbie Allen. Available in Larry's Book Store in the Author & Speaker Section. Or. . . to read the chapter that Larry James wrote that is featured in the book, " The Buzz on Being a Shameless NetShaker!," click here.
If you would like to talk one-on-one with Larry James about issues related to this article, you are invited to arrange for a private coaching session by telephone. Go to Author & Speaker Coaching for specific details and fees.
Back to Top
Health & Wellness | Kick Butt Author/Speaker Products
Add Larry James as a friend on Facebook
Larry James AuthorsandSpeakersNetwork.com P.O. Box 12695 Scottsdale, AZ 85267-2695
Web Design - Larry James - www.CelebrateLove.com